Foodservice Energy Challenge case study summary report.
Restaurants are among the most energy-intensive commercial spaces making utilities one of the highest costs facing restaurateurs. With low-profit margins, any monetary savings from energy efficiency improvements significantly benefit the bottom line.
Foodservice Energy Challenge champions: Jack Astor’s Barrie, Manitoulin Hotel and York University, Stong Hall have taken on this challenge to implement energy conservation measures and staff training.
Each champion has realized at least some of the following benefits:
- reduced their energy consumption anywhere between 3% – 20%
- reduced their water consumption by 15%
- increased awarness of their staff through training
- build at strong understanding of current programs
- created a base for future projects and training initiatives